“Secretary of State Clinton showed up to answer tough and sometimes ridiculous questions regarding the deadly September 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya. In the process, she offered a tutorial for today’s young women.
1) When a man asks you a question and then refuses to look at you as you answer, just keep going. Don’t let his rudeness silence you.
2) When he interrupts you, return the favor.
3) When he says things you know are not true, correct him. Repeatedly.
4) When he attempts to bully you, mow him down with facts.
Literally means “Cisgender Heterosexual”. It is possible to be both Cis and Het at the same time. It doesn’t invalidate your identity, it isn’t disproportionately applied to one group of Cishet people, and is. not. a. slur.
today i heard 2 kids talking about buying fake IDs after school and so i started eavesdropping cuz u know thats big kid stuff and then one was like “yeah but is all this really worth it like im pretty sure the fake IDs cost more than the fish we r gonna buy”
2. and I needed to shout that into the void so I hope you don't mind being bothered I'm just having one of those "I DON'T FIT IN THE BOX" days and I know there is no real "box" but at the same time it feels safer inside of one. Anyway A+ blog 10/10
Hey! I appreciate you feeling safe enough to send me this message. It takes a lot of strength and bravery to walk the line and some days are harder than others. For me, I get into the sorry not sorry place about my identity - because being a butch dyke and claiming that word for myself, there’s lots of assumptions made about the kind of person that I am. And to them I say fuck yourselves! Cuz this shit is hard. And to look in the mirror and feel complicated, but still leave home with your chin up takes perseverance and determination. The world is not designed for folks like us and it probably never will be so it is up to us to find strength and solace from within. It’s up to us to acknowledge the difficulties and feelings we have just about being in our own skin - and facing them and embracing them and just saying fuck off to patriarchy because 9 times outta 10 they won’t value our ways of being anyway. I’m sorry today is a rough day for you and I hope tomorrow looks better, but just know that everyday you live your most authentic self, you make space for someone else like you to do the same.